Taken from Michael Franti (Nov 26, 2009)
Five things I'm grateful for:
1. My family: My two amazing sons who never cease to teach and amaze me, my mom, brothers and sisters, Jolene, my band-mates and crew, our management and creative team who inspire me everyday!!!
2. The gift of music: You've taken me all over the world and introduced me to people and places I never dreamed possible. Everyday you refill my heart when it needs replenishing and satiate my desire to create something meaningful that I can offer to others.
3. My health: After my near death ruptured appendix experience and subsequent surgery to remove it, I feel more grateful than ever for every precious second I am alive. I also want to give a special thanks to Dr.'s Gindi, Fallus and Spirt who put me back together again.
4. Yoga: It's got me through some of my most emotionally difficult moments this year and kept my body in shape for the long haul of the road. I have been practicing almost everyday while I am recording and it's been a great way to recharge and refresh my creative flow.
5. The People: All the people I've met around the globe this year. New friends, acquaintances, and all the people I hug after every show and only have a moment to share with. It's inspiring and humbling to rawk with the greatest fans in the world every night!
I will be spending the weekend with family and friends and then continuing to record the best record I can make until I take a break in mid-december.
I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday season of family, friends, yummy food and sincere gratitude for all you have to smile about!!!
Thanks for an inspiring year.
Big love, michael franti