StayHuman
StayHuman MessageBoard Policy
StayHuman MessageBoard
A place for spearits around the world

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How did you come up with your "Spearit" name?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amythebear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: How did you come up with your "Spearit" name?

I thought this might be interesting...I know some Spearits have used their actual names, for example, Angel. Well, she probably used that name because she is one, our very own Guardian Spearit Angel. How blessed we are. Some Spearits have peculiar names and I was curious as to their origin, you know, how each of us came to say, "This is what I will be called by my Spearit Family, and I like it that way". Oh, and Angel, be sure to tell us why you decide to use your real-live-guardian-angel-spearit-name instead of something else

I'll start things off---Well, my name is Amy, and we have a nickname for all the people in my "group" and mine is Queen B (Bitch) Amy D (DeBruyn, my last name), Q-Bad for short, but I didn't want to use that at all, I think I had a reputation for speaking my mind or something . No one actually calls me that, I usually get called "Mommy" or "Amykins" or "Mamasan" or just plain "A". I chose amythebear because I started getting into Animal Medicine. Plus, my married last name, DeBruyn means "The Bear" it just felt right. So that's my Spearit name story, what's yours?

In Peace-a, mommy, amykins, mamasan, amythebear & q-bad
Trendski

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject:

hahahahaha, cute!

mine actually is a tag name I used to write in my bad teen-age years (way back in jr. high).... TREND.

just added the ski part at the end for no reason, really... Trendski!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject:

my name is Kelly Wise
most people here call me K dubya or K Wise, mainly because there are 9 Kelly's in this tiny town, which is strange, I've never even met that many in all my travels, but for some reason, we're abundant down here.....

and I love andre 3000 from outkast

so I combined the two...to come up with kdub3000
it's just for fun really
Caroline

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject:

Amy, do you have Dutch ancestors? De Bruyn means the brown/the brown one over here, and a nickname for a bear indeed:D

( and my username is pretty self explanatory, i guess )
Loper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject:

My name is a shortened 'interloper' which I highjacked from Stephen King's first Dark Tower novel. In the story, the Gunslinger has had a trap set for him, by the Man in Black, in a smallish desert town. The town's religious leader has been told that the Gunslinger is evil and that he must be destroyed. She refers to him as the interloper. Regretably, the Gunslinger ends up killing the entire town in self defense, on his way to a much larger calling and purpose.
angel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your "Spearit" name?

amy thank you for the beautiful compliments, i really appreciate them, and i too, like you, always speak my mind and many times it pisses people off, but i don't care, the older i get the more i assert myself about what i believe.

anyway i took the name angel back in 1973, i left a very abusive ex-husband who nearly beat me to death and had destroyed my self esteem from 5 years of total abuse from him. i left him in the dead of night with two small children and nowhere to go. as i was driving i looked up at the stars and prayed that my higher power would keep us safe and help us to find a safe home, i remembered my grammy always telling me that we each have a special angel that protects us, i decided to become my own angel and gave myself that name. also back then i used to dye my hair very blond and people would always tell me i looked like an angel, so that became my new name and my new identity. when i became a hippie all of my hippie friends knew me only as angel. i left the poor abused young woman, named vera behind, and became a strong angel for the empowerment of women's rights. and thanks for asking, so cool i think the world of you and you are a special angel too on this earth to give love and help to all of God's creatures.
a picture of me and my kids in 1977 (i ran for over 18 years hiding from an abusive ex-husband)

also later on i read the book "desolation angels" by jack kerouac and decided the name angel deff fit me at that time in my life

Last edited by angel on Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:13 am; edited 5 times in total
Catebug

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:

my name is Catebug and well that is a name my bestest friend gave me forever ago. My real name is Catherine but I've gone by Cate for as long as I can remember.

I have no idea why my best friend started calling me Catebug .

- Jimmy Cliff
angeldelw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

my name is adela (del for short), and w is my last initial... angel was pinned on me years ago by the most influential person in my life, so angel_del_w has always been my screename...

my favorite on this board is g under p... i'll let him explain what it means for those who don't know... it's very inspiring...

Jah Bless...
the world is a playground for interpretation
©hawilcox2009

Last edited by angeldelw on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
mspearette

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Name

My name is Marlene Harris. I chose mspearette because "M" for Marlene and spearette because I am 4"11'' tall, hence, the little French female spearit.

Love,

Marlene

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: marlene

marlene, all the women in my family are only 4'll'' or the most 5ft tall, i am 5'3'' and they all thought i was a giant but there is a great deal of love and caring in your 4'11'' frame, you are a great person, i really like you and hope to meet you someday.
angel

mspearette wrote:
My name is Marlene Harris. I chose mspearette because "M" for Marlene and spearette because I am 4"11'' tall, hence, the little French female spearit.

Love,

Marlene
amythebear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Caroline, my husband's grandparents came here from Belguim, I'm not very good with geography, so you can better tell me if that is anywhere near "dutch country"!

Angel, Angel, Angel, you are one hot babe! hehe, still got that top? If so, I want it!

This is really great, I wasn't sure how open people would be to share. I'm fascinated by names, especially middle names, and nicknames.

Thank you guys. OK, who's next?
angel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: amy

amy i quote you: "Angel, Angel, Angel, you are one hot babe! hehe, still got that top? If so, I want it! "
that's so funny amy, man, that's all i used to wear was cut off shorts and halter tops, man, i wish i could still dress like that. i'm actually more slender now, but my 58 year old body has kinda shifted from gravity those were my favorite cut off's they had patches on the back end and one said "make love not war" and the other one said "peace", those were great days of the early 70's, i really miss those easy going mellow days, not uptight like it is today
angel
juiceman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:

hey Amy....
belgium and holland are neighbours....good neighbours, unless there is soccer involved

I got my nickname from working in a fruitjuice factory for 18 years....untill i said goodbye to this place and got me a cafe! the only one in my hometown where all the freaky people are welcome!!!

one love,
juiceman
birthingtubs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I love this thread!

I call myself birthingtubs because I rent portable tubs for labor and birth. My name is Heather Wise. (Kelly are we related? Unfortunately not because my husband and I took Wise as our common name when we were married)

I go by Heather now but I went by Chaych for years and years and still love that name. Only my old old friends call me that now. That name has a whole 'nother story! I almost used it as my screen name.....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:

It's nice to follow a board veteran like the juiceman.

I've been away at a back to school night for my daughter and I can get a bit shy talking about this subject matter but what the heck here goes.

I haven't read everyone's story but I will eventually. Well, my username g under p is short for "GRACE UNDER PRESSURE." I use those words in my daily life to handle the many stressful situations that I may come across in this "Rat Race" of a world we live in. It helps me to maintain focus in critical scenerios to get the job done or to gracefully find a solution to a problem. EX: If 2 peeps are yelling and screaming at each other in a disagrement in that moment can they really hear each to even start to find a resolution to the problem? I on the hand would rather speak softly but firmly to make sure I'm heard and work towards solving the problem. If one is heard by the other side even if they disagree at least it starts the process to a peaceful resolution.

Working in the medical field I've had to use this thought process of "gunderp" to help to save lives over the years. Also in death it helps to bring dignity to the bereaved families, one has to handle those situations as gracefully as possible cause many of us don't deal with it well.

A few more things, on the other hand I KNOW this "gup" helps me cause I'm one who if pushed beyond the boundries of my infinity. Well, lets just say I don't EVER won't to go there cause I just don't know what I'm capable of. Hey we all have our ticking points, right.

So "g under p" keeps me in line, sort of like my Mom with that leather belt chasing after me back in Jamaica. Speaking of Mom her name is Grace and also my daughter's name too. My 3rd favorite band behind Spearhead, U2 is RUSH and my favorite Rush album is you guessed it is like the avatar.....Grace Under Pressure '84.

Forgive me I've rambled on I do that sometimes, I'm sure some of you have seen it before. Like Marlene for one she got some 14 hours of it driving her back and forth to shows. I'll gracefully take care of her and all others who come to town. But hey this all comes from the heart and when that's involved I could on and on to the break a dawn. Thanks Spearits

Peace I'm just having fun
Earle

PS; I need to have the talent of being short winded in writing

The Washington DC AIDS RIDE 3
This is the end of the first day of 4. A long ride of 101 miles of North Carolinian mountains in 105 degree heat of the melting pavement. This was my first century (riding 100 miles) and I was very sore with cramps in this picture. We were supposed to ride 107 miles that day but we were sagged because sundown was approaching and we weren't allowed to ride on near dusk.

There is no honorable way to KILL, no gentle way to DESTROY. There is nothing good in WAR. Except it's ENDING.....Star Trek

Every BATTLE has it's GLORY and it's consequence, AND IT'S CONSEQUENCE...Ben Harper
The enemy has only images and illusions behind which he hides his true motives. Destroy the image and you will break the enemy...*Enter The Dragon*
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StayHuman MessageBoard Forum Index -> World All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: