StayHuman
StayHuman MessageBoard Policy
StayHuman MessageBoard
A place for spearits around the world

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spearhead sans Dave Shul?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjmarina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Spearhead sans Dave Shul?

Heard that Dave Shul is no longer with Spearhead???? What's up with that?
... Spearhead wont be the same with out Dave, sure I will miss him!!!
Alan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject:

ive been wondering what daves position has been for a year or two. as i noticed when i last seen the band , dave was standing around more than usual and only coming in on certain parts of songs. it also seemed the new young guy michael brought in was always going to be daves successor with the new fresher image the band have gone for.

I wish dave well, he is a great guitarist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject:

this rumour also make the round at facebook. If so that is really sad. I don't know Jay Bowman personally but if this "everytime-smiling-guy" will replace Dave, it will take less time and Spearhead is also past

-----E-Mail: joerg@spearhead-home.com
Homepage: www.spearhead-home.com
-Facebook: Facebook - jtrumpfheller
Podomatic: stayhuman.podomatic.com
----Twitter: Twitter - jtrumpfheller
--YouTube: YouTube - jtrumpfheller
Alan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject:

I cant help but feel this lil bit of Ageism, looks/image to this . Dave is a world class guitarist and can play all varients of guitar styles so it has nothing to do with guitar skills. Maybe he had enough of playing 2nd string to the new guy and felt pushed out. dave had commited the last 13 years to the band i think he would of stuck around if things had stayed the same from past ..but hey thats life things dont say the same , times change people change .

maybe michael will make a comment in the very near future as to daves situation with or without the band

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Its Official D.Shul after 13 years of service to michael franti & spearhead is no longer .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Hy Alan,

where did you get this official from? On the website there are no infos. Facebook? Since Michael decided also to take Jay on tour it looks like he was searching a substitute for Dave. So there might be a kind of battle on stage between the guitarplayers and maybe Dave thought I don't need it.
So the question is: Did Dave leave the band or was he phased out.

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject:

Joerg dave is no longer in the band thats alls needs to be known on that side of things. it came as shock to the crew and other band members.
so yes "Phased" out could be the terms used

i hope he gets another gig/band in the very near future for his dedication alone , Not good for anyone losing there job and having to start over in these harsh economic times

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject:

Alan wrote:
Joerg dave is no longer in the band thats alls needs to be known on that side of things. it came as shock to the crew and other band members.

i hope he gets another gig/band in the very near future for his dedication alone , Not good for anyone losing there job and having to start over in these harsh economic times

I had a conversation with Radioactive and he said Dave will be join him with his new band ACTIV808 very soon. So the phrase ex-Spearheadance gets anew meaning.

Last edited by joerg on Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Alan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject:

joerg wrote:
Alan wrote:

I had a conversation with Radioactive and he said Dave will be join him with his new band ACTIV808 very soon. So the phrase ex-Spearheadance gets anew meaning.

Its good to hear dave getting back into it so soon and Teaming back up with Radio Active , Did u ever Check out daves "Conga Club" cd !? Radio active is on a couple of tracks , also playing is other ex spearhead members Ramon lazo (keys) and roberto quintana (percusion), its cool mix of funk , RnB , hip hop, latin , blues . Maybe future gigs they do will be a mix of that cd and radios bands stuff , and More Importantly kept as REAL as possible

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Alan wrote:
joerg wrote:
Alan wrote:

Its good to hear dave getting back into it so soon and Teaming back up with Radio Active , Did u ever Check out daves "Conga Club" cd !? Radio active is on a couple of tracks , also playing is other ex spearhead members Ramon lazo (keys) and roberto quintana (percusion), its cool mix of funk , RnB , hip hop, latin , blues . Maybe future gigs they do will be a mix of that cd and radios bands stuff , and More Importantly .... kept as REAL as possible

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Alan wrote:
...Did u ever Check out daves "Conga Club" cd !? Radio active is on a couple of tracks , also playing is other ex spearhead members Ramon lazo (keys) and roberto quintana (percusion), its cool mix of funk , RnB , hip hop, latin , blues . Maybe future gigs they do will be a mix of that cd and radios bands stuff , and More Importantly kept as REAL as possible

Hy Alan,
I only know a couple of songs but now I am more interested to hear the rest of it.

g under p

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject:

joerg wrote:
Hy Alan,

where did you get this official from? On the website there are no infos. Facebook? Since Michael decided also to take Jay on tour it looks like he was searching a substitute for Dave. So there might be a kind of battle on stage between the guitarplayers and maybe Dave thought I don't need it.
So the question is: Did Dave leave the band or was he phased out.

Hey Joerg,

Yes I heard it from THE source but I was certainly not surprised. I saw it and felt it backstage and with talking with Dave. He never said anything about it but I could feel some frustration in his position in the band. Once while in Europe he once said, *we are ALL hired hands* and yes it's a business...a tough one at that. I am sadden to see him leave, just like I was when Roberto was let go.

Out of all the members of the band Dave and Manas were the easiest to talk to about anything especially when we were away from the stage.

Peace
Earle

There is no honorable way to KILL, no gentle way to DESTROY. There is nothing good in WAR. Except it's ENDING.....Star Trek

Every BATTLE has it's GLORY and it's consequence, AND IT'S CONSEQUENCE...Ben Harper
The enemy has only images and illusions behind which he hides his true motives. Destroy the image and you will break the enemy...*Enter The Dragon*
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StayHuman MessageBoard Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: