StayHuman
StayHuman MessageBoard Policy
StayHuman MessageBoard
A place for spearits around the world

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spearhead touring with Jon Mayer= WEAK SAUCE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject:

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject:

I'm a little late to jump on the band wagon..but hey, at least I've had enough time to think of it.

I myself have started listening to JM about 5 years ago. He was virtually unknown over here (Netherlands). I liked his songs, but was really impressed when I heard some of his live stuff. The boy can play guitar.

I was extremely surprised to find out (oh lovely internet) that it seemed like the entire USA, minus the college kids, saw JM as a douchebag. Nowadays, JM has become a lot more popular over here as well. I don't really care for most of his recorded stuff, but he is a great musician. I'm still not sure why loads and loads of people hate JM. Can anybody help me out?

As for them playing together..YES, of course I'd rather see MFS than MFS&JM. But I'd still give anything to actually see them again. I'd be happy as f*ck to have them playing over here, whether it was with John Mayer, Shakira or Miley Cyrus for all I care:D
Superfreaki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject:

I agree with everyone....I will not be able to make it either....maybe next time...hopefully our Spearhead days are not over but if they are I say

You relate; as long as things are moving beautifully, you share. And if you see that the moment has come to depart because your paths separate at this crossroad, you say goodbye with great gratitude for all that the other has been to you, for all the joys and all the pleasures and all the beautiful moments that you have shared with the other. With no misery, with no pain, you simply separate. - Osho Zen

Power to the Peaceful!
4peace

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Caroline, I can not speak for other Americans, but I can say that Mayer has received a lot of negative press for his various relationships and hookups with famous American women, mostly the movie star types like Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Aniston. He tends to be written as a womanizer and a bit of a braggart and press hound, too: as kind of conceited yet sleezy cutie-pie. Some feminists say he hates women. LOL. I don't think so as he certainly seems to be surrounded by them all the time.

Yes, the man can play guitar and sing, and very very well. It is Mayer's behavior off stage that turns most people off -- so much so that for me it's like I don't even bother trying to like him because I don't like the A-list, rich, press-obsessed lifestyle he seems to hunger after, to represent.

Most really good musicians avoid the cult of personality they inevitably incite. Mayer, not so much. He eggs it on, tweeting all over the place, walking as many red carpets as he can find, and showing up on the couches of all the late night tv shows.

I do not want to be negative about the musicianship of this man, but it just gets lost in all the hype.

JMHO

Hey, but I totally agree with you: I would pay $100 to see MFSH open for anyone IF it were my only opportunity to see the band. We in America have taken the tour schedule for granted -- being able to catch MFSH shows several times a year without trouble. Ah, the good old days!!!
violet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: this is weak-

we have travelled half way across the country to see spear head. My children know the words to almost every song by heart, and now I cant get a ticket for less than 600 dollars on ebay for the Mohegan sun?!?! f that?!?! He will be less than and hour from my house and i will not be attending. 600 for two tickets?!?! come the F on! We attend mt jam every year for spearhead... now is he too big to be there?!?! Come on Michael, maybe I should take off my shoes, in response to the high way robbery be made off tickets to his show?!?! Imagine how many hungry kids we could feed, schools we could supply or health care we could give for that kind of money?!?! Counting crows sucked and this is worse! This is Franti's touch of grey for sure- learn from mistakes of the past! I am one sad mfsh fan.... as are my children!
g under p

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Brian_Spearit wrote:
Why are you guys tripping? The band's success is a blessing.

They're reaching a brand new target audience. Bringing good music to the masses. Why frown on that?

Thank jah "say hey" is on rotation instead of lady gaga's "bad romance" 24x7.

Look at this from the bigger picture, Mike gets his music on the main airwaves and it helps the band improve as well. Better resouces, killer studio upgrades, and new albums with dope production.

This is the next level for Spearhead. Good for them.

Michael was bound to rise. You could feel it back in the mid 2000's. His message is strong. How is this bad when Michael's message is relevant in these wicked times of darkness and worry? Support, don't hate.

John Mayer and Crows aren't my bag either, but I saw those shows and we're ok for us, but the kids had a blast. The tix were pricey but who cares? I work a job, I can pay for it. If you can't afford it ask a friend to loan you some coin. Otherwise make your opinion without such vicious words. It's that type of negativity that poisons a soul.

I've seen Michael play for free all over the country. He's there for the people. Watch the documentary and you'll feel badly about some of the ill words you have written on here.

Michael's a wonderfully talented soul that's brought us enlighenment and hope. Each time we've seen him perform (front row, back row, back stage whatever) He's still the humble, fun and uplifting soul that's brought good vibes to all of our lives. Let's wish him and the band prosperity and continues success. This is the way. Fix up and support the music. You'll miss it when it's gone.

Namaste.

Here, here and bravo well said.

Peace
Earle

There is no honorable way to KILL, no gentle way to DESTROY. There is nothing good in WAR. Except it's ENDING.....Star Trek

Every BATTLE has it's GLORY and it's consequence, AND IT'S CONSEQUENCE...Ben Harper
The enemy has only images and illusions behind which he hides his true motives. Destroy the image and you will break the enemy...*Enter The Dragon*
cjmarina

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject:

Brian _spearit...totally agree!! and for the ones that thought that MFSH were not going to play at small venues and festies go to the bands site and look for your self!! next month I'll go to 3 shows in one week at small venues and one festie!!! He truly is a blessed and humble human being that enjoys palying music and sharing with his fans!!
Peace to all!!
The MFSH Florida One Love Familia!!!
Alan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject:

i dont think its the size of a venue or how many ppl are in attendance for michael , he lives for playing music every day and seeing ppl enjoy it
i know some people will say he sold out on this john mayor tour thing , but he was given the Opportunity so why not take it
they wil be back doing there own thing in the coming months as usual..

and maybe a lil visit to lpool in between
g under p

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Now he will be out and touring with Carlos SANTANA.....I hope no one else has a problem with this new tour. The Mayer tour brought the band some much needed recognition with their hit *Say Hey* so why not take full advantage of that situation. They may never have another hit....as we all know the music business is very tough these days. One has to make hay while you can or you'll be left behind like dust in the wind.

My dream tour would be to see him open for a mentor of Michael's Bono and the band U2. I would have to take a serious leave of absence from work to tour with them for a unlimited amount of dates.

Peace
Earle

There is no honorable way to KILL, no gentle way to DESTROY. There is nothing good in WAR. Except it's ENDING.....Star Trek

Every BATTLE has it's GLORY and it's consequence, AND IT'S CONSEQUENCE...Ben Harper
The enemy has only images and illusions behind which he hides his true motives. Destroy the image and you will break the enemy...*Enter The Dragon*
Alison

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject:

Hey Earle,

having seen U2 in recent months play at Glastonbury in the UK, (I was watching from the comfort of my armchair, tooooo much mud!) !! I can honestly say they are well past their sell by date. A friend also saw them in Sydney earlier this year and again the gig was poor. I think MF could do a lot better, although for the life of me i cant think with who right now...the music scene seems so weak! Or maybe thats me getting old and just not on the ball anymore!

For what its worth, i think michael really should go back to the beginning again and do the full circle thing, Home was such a good album and in todays climate, beats like that and honesty like disposibles...i think now would be the right time for him to mix the magic of of those early days and see what comes out of it this time....maybe the world is ready this time and he has so much more experience to put into it. I dont know im just not getting the "hey heys" at the moment. The guys are playing in London in October and i am seriously thinking of missing it for the first time, i really am undecided whether to go or not. I really makes me happy that MF is getting some attention and making some $$$ but for me the songs dont make me feel anymore.

Hope alls good with you my friend,

Alison xxx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject:

I hear what your saying alison on wanting the band to come full circle again. i used to jump out of my seat when the uk dates were announced , but thats not the case anymore at it saddens me really. I just dont think i could go to shows clapping along to the likes of say hey and feel that great about it , like u say i/u used to feel all the emotions at gigs as the songs and lyrics had so much more, and made u feel u were a part of something ...... kinda hard to explain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Alison wrote:
Hey Earle,

having seen U2 in recent months play at Glastonbury in the UK, (I was watching from the comfort of my armchair, tooooo much mud!) !! I can honestly say they are well past their sell by date. A friend also saw them in Sydney earlier this year and again the gig was poor. I think MF could do a lot better, although for the life of me i cant think with who right now...the music scene seems so weak! Or maybe thats me getting old and just not on the ball anymore!

For what its worth, i think michael really should go back to the beginning again and do the full circle thing, Home was such a good album and in todays climate, beats like that and honesty like disposibles...i think now would be the right time for him to mix the magic of of those early days and see what comes out of it this time....maybe the world is ready this time and he has so much more experience to put into it. I dont know im just not getting the "hey heys" at the moment. The guys are playing in London in October and i am seriously thinking of missing it for the first time, i really am undecided whether to go or not. I really makes me happy that MF is getting some attention and making some $$$ but for me the songs dont make me feel anymore.

Hope alls good with you my friend,

Alison xxx

Hello Alison,

It's been awhile and I know what you are saying about returning to old forms of Michael's music. I was hoping for some of that on his last album but it wasn't there to the standard I thought it should be.... you know more hard hitting lyrics. I saw some of that in the EDM and YF albums then came a change in lyrics to lighter, happy upbeat songs in the RR and SOS records. Maybe he may go back to that style of music now that he has gotten two light and upbeat albums out of his system. To me it becomes difficult to write and record music singing about the travesties of war constantly...at some point one has to lighten up the heavy hearted.

In the past I've spoken to Micheal about the days of DHOH and he's moved way past those days and I don't ever see him going back to that style of his career. I do believe he does NEED to go in a different direction musically on his next recording or he will lose some more of his early base fandom. These creative musicians have tremendous egos and find it difficult to change but I do hope he may choose to experiment with his lyrics and music now that he appears to have a wider fanbase around the US. I know he won't forget the early fans who helped to bring him to the prominence he has now reached in career.

Now that Dave is no longer in the band and guitarist J helps to write and record they just maybe a change a coming. I actually am thinking of comin over in October to see them in England only if my children's activities will allow it. Michael mentioned how they rocked London 12 days or so ago....so he still can get it done live in concert but will his albums keep up with his live performance is now the question for me. I still believe he can get it done...somewhere in all of this is a big plan to reach the the world through his music and to me stronger lyrical content is the way to go.

Love and Peace Alison.
Earle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StayHuman MessageBoard Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: