StayHuman
StayHuman MessageBoard Policy
StayHuman MessageBoard
A place for spearits around the world

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spearhead touring with Jon Mayer= WEAK SAUCE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SusieBlue

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject:

Last edited by SusieBlue on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject:

I've never know Michael to be an abusive person. In what way is he being abusive? That's the thing I'm not sure I get.
cbak999

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject:

EDIT

Last edited by cbak999 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Loper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject:

^Just looked at the ticket prices for that show. They list at $66 and $46 a piece. I think your friend may be exagerating. I know ticketbastard are famous for gouging, but never that severe.

Enough said, indeed.
cjmarina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject:

Jason replied to my email and people... we should not PANIC!!!! MFSH will play at small venues and festies later in the year.
Some people in this thread seem to have a lot of hate flowing through their souls, peace and love to y'all no need to insult one another that is not the MFSH way. I know that some of us are like WTF? with this JM tour, but aren’t we part of the blame, at least I always try to share the MFSH music and message with everyone I know, therefore we should not blame them by trying to spread the message to a wider audience. This JM tour will end and the MFSH roots will live forever!!
Peace and Love to y'all!!!!
keep the Peace & LOVE Alive!!!
smickle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject:

The phrase I kept hearing from the guys last summer was "it's just something we need to do to go to the next level." I love Michael/Spearhead but understand them wanting to do bigger things for a while. Change is good (keeps you striving/fresh) and earning more money today can buy freedom later on. Don't most of us want to do yoga for a few months a year in Bali...

I'm going to at least two Spearhead/Mayer concerts.
breathcontrol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Man you people are trippin'. Imagine the number of people that will now be exposed to his music. The music that has touched all our souls and helped to make us and the people's lives we touch better. I hope that he will make some loot off of this exposure. My guess is that he will make very good use of that money not only for society, but also to help the band with its goals.

Anyway...stop hatin' and forecasting doom and gloom. As Bob Marley says, time will tell.

peace - stay positive.
joerg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject:

In his last interview with The Cleaner he said:
Quote:
"It's important that we try to stay on the same path but I want my songs to reach people, not to be the beat of the week," he said.

Well think that says all.
If you like to read the rest - just check out the latest news on spearhead-home.com

-----E-Mail: joerg@spearhead-home.com
Homepage: www.spearhead-home.com
-Facebook: Facebook - jtrumpfheller
Podomatic: stayhuman.podomatic.com
----Twitter: Twitter - jtrumpfheller
--YouTube: YouTube - jtrumpfheller
Soul-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Joerg and wild.
It's good to hear from those that see this as a pure positive. I started a post thinking this one had run its course. I still wish the tour was with another artist I have more respect for, Pearl Jam was on Austin City Limits last night. Wouldn't THAT be a cool show!!!
I think wild might have swayed me to go with my wife to see him in march. I'm still a bit on the fence, I hope it's more than just a 45 min opening act set.
Peace

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject:

This could be a whole new avenue for the tail gate party scene...

It's wonderful that someone like John Mayer is willing to give his audiences a message that will make a positive impact on the music industry and beyond.

win/win

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Happy Thanksgiving, Spearits!

I've been away from the boards for awhile and I must say, this debate over the upcoming tour with John Mayer is quite tasty. Very passionate indeed, on both sides of the fence as it were.

In one of the earlier posts someone stated something along the lines of, people who listen to John Mayer don't listen to Spearhead. Well, your girl is the exception to the rule, because I listen to both. And I didn't just fall into MFSH with "Say Hey!" (although I think it's a great song and loved it from the time Michael began playing early versions of it at live shows a few years back for the pure joy the song evokes); I've been a fan of the band since "Home". Not as long as others of you who have been down since DHOH, but long enough.

I'm stoked they're coming to Dallas in March--even if it IS with John Mayer and even if it IS at the gargantuan American Airlines Center. I bought tix to the Traveling Circus show this summer but the Dallas stop fell during the time MF was in the hospital. I'm not nearly as big a fan of Counting Crows or Augustana (whom I hadn't heard of prior but quite enjoyed) as I am of Spearhead, and the show was definitely missing Spearhead's flare, but my friend and I went anyway and had a good time...even after being referred to as "black b*tch dykes" by this idiot behind us...bless his heart. I will say I have never heard THAT kind of language used at a MFSH show! We're a much classier bunch.

So I might not score front row tix for the Battle Studies Tour but I will be there lookin' fly and screamin' loud. And I hope to see the rest of y'all at the for real for real Spearhead shows for the rest of 2010!

ON & UP!
Rhonda Nicole
g under p

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Soul-Soldier wrote:
Thanks Joerg and wild.
It's good to hear from those that see this as a pure positive. I started a post thinking this one had run its course. I still wish the tour was with another artist I have more respect for, Pearl Jam was on Austin City Limits last night. Wouldn't THAT be a cool show!!!
I think wild might have swayed me to go with my wife to see him in march. I'm still a bit on the fence, I hope it's more than just a 45 min opening act set.
Peace

YES, YES PEARL JAM would be a super fit indeed. Many on the Pearl Jam site are fans of MFSD and THAT show would work for me. Just like how PJ is or was on tour with Ben Harper and The Relentless 7, Spearhead and PJ would ROCK THE NATION for sure!

Oh a great album is Body Of War with PJ, BH, Spearhead and many others on stand to those who are warmongers. Also I'll graciously see the JM tour when they stop in DC just to see the band once again even thought the sound quality at Verizon Center sucks. I hope I'll get a chance to talk with them.

Peace Earle

There is no honorable way to KILL, no gentle way to DESTROY. There is nothing good in WAR. Except it's ENDING.....Star Trek

Every BATTLE has it's GLORY and it's consequence, AND IT'S CONSEQUENCE...Ben Harper
The enemy has only images and illusions behind which he hides his true motives. Destroy the image and you will break the enemy...*Enter The Dragon*
Mattnmarley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if racism has snobs and purists like music. Talking like:

"I don't really F with David Duke. I mean, his older stuff is coo, when it was really about the racism. Now it's all about the money."
b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject:

this is a trip...it's sad... this kind of tired drama never used to exist here--it was creative open-mindedness interspersed with rebel... now, somebody called the union with john mayer exactly what it is--weak-- and any true longtimer knows it is---and people start cryin. we all want the best for mike & the guys, but come on, anybody that's been around for a minute knows the counting crows and john mayer aren't exactly the vibe we've been on the last decade-plus, and to pretend it is is a joke... but man, let mike get his--he deserves it. he has sacrificed, he's still the man in my book--he's gone all out for my kids at shows, singin songs they request, dancing with them, etc. - he's a beautiful guy--let's give him the benefit of the doubt and next thing we'll all know, we'll be jumpin up and down together in some small club sweatin our asses off and smilin just like da old days---
know what i mean

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Well put!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StayHuman MessageBoard Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: